My name is Bruno and I am currently a visiting engineer with Facebook AI under supervision of Professor Lorenzo Torresani.
Previously, I went to school at Dartmouth, from which I graduated with high honors. There, I discovered my love for math and computer science, and especially machine-learning, artificial intelligence and everything data related.
Areas of professional interests:
– Computer vision: currently working on problems on understanding motion
– AI and machine learning: curriculum learning, feature understanding
– Data science: data visualization, data-driven decision making
– Software Engineering: take all of the above and make something cool out of it
Swimming, Photography, Cooking and Fine Dining, Hiking, Cycling.
My life in bullet points
Realistically, there is no way I can describe myself in a sentence.
However I love lists, so here is the list of things you might want to know about me:
- 1994: born in Croatia
- 1995: swam for the first time got my first personal computer early enough that I don’t remember the year
had an unfortunate experience of having Windows ME installed on it
- 2007ish: the first program I wrote was in Visual Basic; first language I was formally thought was Pascal
- 2007: won my first medal at an age-group national championship
- 2008: won my first age-group national championship
- 2012: learned how to dance
- 2014: went to college in the US
- 2014: read entire Sandman series in less than a week
- 2014: *made this blog*
- 2015: decided not to drink for a year; still happening
- 2017: forgot how to dance
- 2017: published a paper
- 2017: raced a bicycle
- 2018: invented thingz
- 2018: graduated from Dartmouth with high honors
And some ongoing things you’d might like to know: